2012 km Challenge
This challenge is great for teams or those individuals who want to push themselves. There are three possible levels depending on how adventurous you are feeling:
- 2012 km
- 201.2 km
- 20.12 km
And now you can now do your very own Torch Relay if you take on the 2012km challenge. Cover the km and plot how far you have gone using our online Totalizer on the route to the Opening Ceremony!
What You Have To Do
You or your team must cover your chosen distance via one or more of the following sports (for teams this is an aggregated total):
- Running (jogging, road-running, on a treadmill or on a track)
- Walking (on a treadmill, on a track, rambling or hillwalking)
- Cycling (in a gym, on a track, on the roads or off-road)
- Swimming (in a pool or in open water)
- Canoeing/Kayaking (inland or offshore)
- Horse riding
- Rowing (on a rowing machine or on water)
- Sailing (inland or offshore)
- Windsurfing (inland and offshore)
- Wheelchair(track, road or in a gym)
Use your online Totalizer to keep track of how far you've gone and aim to go the distance before the start of the Olympic Games in July 2012.
Team members don't need to take part in activities together, and every team member's efforts count towards the overall distance covered by the team. When you have completed your chosen distance, update your My Page and claim your reward.