Once you have decided your first sport there are two ways to complete it:
- Learn the sport by doing at least three hours of coaching; or
- Take part in a competition/event
CHOOSING YOUR SPORT
There are 30 Olympic and Paralympic sports for you to choose from and a page on each to tell you what you need to do. You might choose a sport that you have always been dying to try or you could use the Sports Finder and find which sports are closest to you and choose that way - either way, it's important to choose your first one so you can get going.
FIND OUT WHERE
Once you have decided which sport you'd like to do first, use the Sports Finder in the sports section to find the local club, coach or event where you can do your chosen sport.
CONTACT THE CLUB
Contact the club, coach or event (or ask us to do it for you) and arrange to do your sport. Simply tell them that you are looking for three hours of coaching in that sport.
If it's a sport you don't know much about don't be afraid to ask the coach what is involved in the sessions, how much they cost and what to bring.
Make the most of your sessions by ensuring:
- You arrive on time
- You warm up
- You are ready to get started.
RECORD YOUR SPORT
- Print off your Gold Challenge certificate
- Take it along to your sessions and get the coach to sign it after your final hour.
- Bring it back to your computer and register the details on your My Page.